Quick Tips for Maintaining Your Silver, Ash, or Gray Hair Color
The darker your natural hair color, the longer it takes to lighten. First of, in order to achieve a beautiful ash gray hair color, the hair must first be close to almost white. Also, In order to lighten hair safely, it’s best to go slow and do it in stages. In some cases, it may require several visits to the salon. And with time in between for the hair to recover, and to lighten it to the correct stage.
And here are the tips:
- Accept that you’re going to be living with damaged and/or dry hair. The required bleaching or pre-lightening means there’s no way to prevent damage, but using good hair care products will help your hair maintain health in between. If your salon has an Olaplex treatment, we highly recommend adding this treatment during the pre-lightening color procedure.
- Hold off on shampooing as much as possible. If your hair is oily, but not necessarily dirty, try a dry shampoo instead. This helps you keep your silver color longer.
- When you do shampoo, use a toning (purple or violet) shampoo. Choose one that doesn’t turn to lather too quickly. If it does, the purple dye will wash out and lighten, which isn’t as effective.
- If you find after using a toning shampoo that you have spots that seem a little more blue or purple than others, you may not be applying the shampoo evenly. Mix some water into your shampoo and the thinner texture will be easier to work through your hair.
- Avoid heat styling. In addition to causing additional damage to your hair, the heat will also cause your silver color to fade over time.
- Towel Dry and avoid high heat blow dryer.
- If your hair is frizzy or needs a little bit more help, smooth on a bit more hair serum.
If you would like to know more about getting an ash gray color, please more about the 9 Things You Need To Know If You Plan To Get An Ash Gray Hair Color.
Visit our Instagram to see our Work
You can open your Instagram app and look for us @dotzerohairstudio or click this link to view – instagram.com/dotzerohairstudio.
A free hair consultation is available. Please visit us any time before 7:00pm. Also, we are open seven days week. You can also send a private message from our facebook or instagram account. Also, please note that all quotes provided to you are for estimation purposes only. An in-person hair assessment is required before the work is guaranteed. We will provide you with the actual cost after the assessment so that you can decide from thereon.