Quick Tips for Maintaining Your Silver/Ash/Gray Hair Color.
1. Accept that you’re going to be living with damaged and/or dry hair. The required bleaching or pre-lightening means there’s no way to prevent damage, but using good hair care products will help your hair maintain health in between. If your salon has an Olaplex treatment, we highly recommend adding this treatment during the pre-lightening color procedure.
2. Hold off on shampooing as much as possible. If your hair is oily, but not necessarily dirty, try a dry shampoo instead. This helps you keep your silver color longer.
3. When you do shampoo, use a toning (purple or violet) shampoo. Choose one that doesn’t turn to lather too quickly. If it does, the purple dye will wash out and lighten, which isn’t as effective.
4. If you find after using a toning shampoo that you have spots that seem a little more blue or purple than others, you may not be applying the shampoo evenly. Mix some water into your shampoo and the thinner texture will be easier to work through your hair.
5. Avoid heat styling. In addition to causing additional damage to your hair, the heat will also cause your silver color to fade over time.
6. Towel Dry and avoid high heat blow dryer.
7. If your hair is frizzy or needs a little bit more help, smooth on a bit more hair serum.