How to Sleep with Rebonded Hair – By the time you are reading this article your stylist should provided you what Do’s and Don’ts. If you haven’t, please click here to read the article on the post aftercare maintenance of your rebonded hair.
Here are the recommendations on how to take care of your rebonded hair when sleeping.
- Make sure your hair is dry before going to bed.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to remove any tangles before laying down.
- If you have an anti-frizz serum, you can apply this to your hair to help reduce the risk of frizzy hair.
- Try your best not to put your hair underneath your hair. Have it point towards the floor or areas where there’s a low risk of weigh being on top of your hair.
- Do not tie your hair. It has risk of leaving marks. Tying your hair while sleeping is a no-no.
- Pillows with Hair friction is bad for a rebonded hair during the first 3 days. You should sleep on pillow’s with pillowcase that are either silk or satin cover. These has lower levels of hair friction.
- This last one is a suggest but not a must – Sleep in a cooler temperature room. Warm and humid air can create frizz on the hair.
Some notes about your newly rebonded hair:
- You don’t need to use a flat iron to straighten your hair before you sleep.
- If your hair is wet, you can use a hair dryer but don’t keep the dryer for a long time as this can damage your hair. You just need enough to keep some moisture intact.
- If you want to wash/wet your hair, you can use a deep condition hair product. If it is necessary to shampoo your hair, we suggest a dry shampoo.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DotZeroHairStudioByMars
We offer free hair consultation and you may drop by any time before 7:00 pm and we are open seven days week with some changes on schedule depending on the holiday dates. You can also send us a private message from our facebook or instagram account and one of our team members will be able to assist you, including cost estimates of our services. Please note that all quotes provided to you are general estimation purposes only. We will still need to see and assess your hair in person before we can guarantee the cost and/or the color work. You will be provided with the actual cost upfront by one of our in-salon team member so that you can decide from thereon.